We're Not Makin' Love Anymore is a song Mariah performed with Michael Bolton at the 1990 NARM Convention. The collaboration with Bolton was significant as it would be Mariah's first duet that introduced her to the music industry audience. The song was originally recorded by Barbra Streisand for her fourth greatest hits album in 1989. According to sources, Mariah and Bolton discussed collaborating on a studio recording of the song but due to scheduling conflicts Mariah was unable to finish it. Bolton would go on to record a version of the song with Patti LaBelle for his seventh studio album and for Labelle's studio album titled "Burnin'"
In an interview on the Wendy Williams show, Bolton talked about the collaboration. Then CEO of Columbia Records and Mariah's former husband Tommy Mottola wanted to introduce Mariah to the music industry and contacted Bolton requesting that they do a song. The two would sing this song during the 1990 NARM Convention on March 11, 1990. The performance of their collaboration was leaked on YouTube on December 26, 2018. Bolton mentioned his knowledge of the song "leaking" on YouTube during his Wendy Williams show interview.
- Mariah and Michael only performed this song once
- The performance of this song was March 11, 1990
- Only a snippet of the footage of Mariah's and Michael's performance is available on Youtube
- The performance of this song was leaked on December 26, 2018
- Mariah hits a G#6 whistle during her performance of this song
- Michael knows that the performance of their collaboration got leaked on YouTube
- ↑ Thread About We're Not Makin Love Anymore
- ↑ 2.0 2.1 2.2 Were Not Makin Love Anymore - wikipedia
- ↑ Mariah Carey's Unreleased Songs | Pre-Debut Years (1985-1990) via Youtube
- ↑ 4.0 4.1 4.2 Michael Bolton Talks Music, Mariah Carey & Paula Abdul
- ↑ Pulse
- ↑ Youtube:Mariah Carey and Michael Bolton - We're Not Makin Love Anymore (Full Version)